Facebook‘s 2011 F8 Developers conference was successfuly done last September 22. A lot of new updates and news about the biggest social network were presented by no other than its founder and CEO – Mark Zuckerberg, on his keynote address.
Below are some of Facebook‘s recent updates discussed at the F8.
1. Timelines – Facebook tries to return to a static profile page without sacrificing the real-time update that keeps a social site fresh and relevant. Timeline allows users to curate your Facebook profile page with the events, photos, and updates that matter.
2. Ticker – It provides the most recent news from friends.
3. Apps – Facebook has provided emphasis on its over 350 million users’ mobile experience by optimizing the social network with a lot of quality apps.
4. Social news and entertainment – Facebook enables its users to know what their friends read across Yahoo! News and what friends listen on Spotify and soon, streaming video site Hulu.
5. Privacy – Facebook tries to let its users think that authorizing apps is a positive part of the app.
As of today, Facebook.com have 800 million users around the world, a big percent of those most active are Filipinos (according to some statistics). There is no other social networking site have achieved that number of users in the history of the web. That’s why, some of us are wondering who will succeed the fame and success of Facebook? Will there be a “Facebook killer”? Lol!