How are you going to write the Introduction in Chapter 1 of a Thesis? That’s the question we are going to answer in this article. Although it is said that creating the Introduction is difficult but having the right outline on your mind about what you’re going to write will help you so much.
So what should you remember when writing the Introduction? Here are some of those:
– State the rationale. It is the background of the study.
– You can describe the problem situation considering global, national and local forces. (Presentation of the problem.) State the specific problem.
– Justify the existence of the problem situation by citing trusted data and sources.
– You can also tell your desire to discover something that will help.
– Macro to micro. (General to Specific.) Regarding to your topic, start discussing about what is happening recently. (What is the latest? What do people are talking/doing/eating/etc. nowadays?) Little by little, drive your idea closer to your study. (What is the specific problem?)
– Then make a clinching statement that will relate the background to the proposed research problem.
That’s it! Do you have something to ask? Just leave your inquiries on the comment box below. Thanks! Philippines.