How to Write the Hypothesis and Assumption in Chapter 1 of a Thesis? As I said on our other posts, these parts of a thesis were optional. It means that these parts can be included or not. It depends on the researchers. But if you’re going to include Hypothesis and Assumption, what should you remember?
Here are some tips in writing those based on JPSimbulan:
– A hypothesis should be measurable/ desirable. It expresses expected relationship between teo or more variables. It is based on the theory and/or empirical evidence.
– There are techniques available to measure or describe the variables. It is on a one to one correspondence with the specific problems of the study.
– A hypothesis in statistical form has the following characteristics:
– It is used when the test of significance of relationships and difference of measures are involved.
– The level of significance if stated.
– An assumption should be based on the general and specific problems.
– It is stated in simple, brief, generally accepted statement.
That’s it! Do you have something to ask? Just leave your inquiries on the comment box below. Thanks! Philippines.